This is Zoltán Massay-Kosubek's (@EU_ZMK) public diary, where he shares his views on public health relevant European developments. Zoltán is public health advocate at @EPHA_EU but he shares his strictly _personal_ opinion here with you.
About: EU ZMK's Diary
Zoltán has 11+ years of professional experience - including Brussels based EU advocacy work, International and European affairs management at the Hungarian Ministry for Health, lawyer-linguist experience at the European Court of Justice (ECJ) as well as legal practice at national courts. Zoltán is a change agent: he currently serves the European public health community as public health advocate at the largest European public health NGO.
Zoltán has proven record as regards skills and competencies required for effective advocacy work and campaigning, including:
- coordination of member organisations' work around policy processes (eg. TTIP and health);
- effective advocacy work (e.g. Tobacco Products Directive);
- legal analysis (eg. Human Rights and Health in Europe, Child safety legislation at EU level);
- background research for briefings & position papers (eg. EPHA position on Roma health in Europe);
- coalition building (eg European Coalition for Vision ECV);
- delivering projects and meeting clients' expectations (eg. European COPD Coalition - ECC);
- managing people and events (eg. TTIP - Increased Trade for better living?);
- diplomacy (eg. Hungarian EU presidency WHO coordination in Geneva).
Zoltán is passionate about his work and he regularly updates his blog on public health relevant European developments.
Apart of his native Hungarian, and his main working language English, Zoltán is fluent in French and German.
Concerning his private life, Zoltán is married, having a wonderful wife and two exceptional sons. As regards his leisure time, he is passionate about reading & discussing history, having specific interest in Hungarian history. In his youth, he used to be Dungeon Master (DM) in several Roleplaying games, serving as the game's referee and storyteller. He still has an aquarium at home.
You can contact Zoltán at email@example.com.